4th INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
OF CHAMBER MUSIC FOR YOUNG MUSICIANS
AND LYRICAL SINGERS
“Rotary Symphony: Music for Peace”
Art. 1. – The Rotary Club of Roma Castelli Romani, in collaboration with the Municipality of Castel Gandolfo, in order to develop musical culture, promote the region of Castelli Romani and encourage young people to study music, announces the IV National Competition of Chamber Music for Young Musicians and Lyric Singers “Rotary Symphony: The Music for Peace”.
The competition will be held in Castel Gandolfo from the 19th to the 23rd of April 2016.
Art. 2. – The contest is divided into one instrumental section of Chamber Music and one section of Lyrical Singing:
- Section of Chamber Music: participants aged less than 30 years on the competition date;
- Section of Lyrical Singing: participants aged between 18 and 35 years completed on the competition date.
May participate the citizens of all nationalities.
The instrumental ensembles may include any instrument and be constituted by a minimum number of two instruments, also the same ones (e.g. 2 guitars, 2 flutes, etc.); teams in Duo with 2 Pianos are excluded.
For the instrumental section, the program is a free choice of competitors and the maximum duration is set in twelve minutes.
For the section of lyrical singing, the competitors will present 5 opera arias in the 5 opera arias of the traditional repertoire, which will premiere in their choice and second choice from the Commission.
Art. 3. – All songs music pieces must be original or well-known transcriptions and entered in common performance practice. At the time of the performance the competitors must provide two copies of the music script which they are going to play.
Art. 4. – The Competition will be held in Castel Gandolfo, in a place indicated in the Club website, from the 19th to the 23rd of April 2016. It will develop in a single and public trial.
The top three winners of each section will be required to perform for the final awards ceremony which will take place on the last day of the competition.
Other participants will perform in the winners’ concert at the discretion of the jury.
Winners that will not exhibit on the final award ceremony will be out of the qualification and out of price.
Certificates and diplomas not withdrawn during the final concert will be sent by mail on request of the interested parties, after a contribution of EUR 20.00 for postal expenses.
Art. 5. – The jury will be composed of musicians of great renown and track record and the judgments will be final. The Commissioners express their vote by secret ballot in cents. The Commissioners may ask the candidates to run the entire program or only part of it. Any members of the jury that have had a teaching relationship with any of the competitors in the past three years will abstain from voting.
Art. 6. – The final judgments will be expressed and communicated at the end of the hearings in each category.
Art. 7. – Each team must provide its own music stands and musical instruments except the piano.
Art. 8. – The lyric singer can, if without a own supporting pianist, ask the help of the professional pianist made available by the competition organization. The supporting pianist will be available for the first trial, the execution for the evaluation and the eventual final exhibition in the final awards ceremony. Any other trial will need to be asked for and arranged separately.
Art. 9. – Definitions:
- Ranking: the score established by the Jury (expressed in cents) to the single team competing for each section contributes to the establishment of the section ranking.
- First classified: is the participant, in the section, who reaches the highest score in the specific ranking and however not less than 95/100.
- Second classified: is the participant, in the section, that arrives immediately after the First classified and however with a score not less than 90/100.
- Third place: is the participant, in the section, that arrives immediately after the Second classified and however with a score not less than 85/100.
- Certificate of merit: will be given to participant with a score not lower than 81/100.
Art. 10. – Rewards:
- Section of Chamber Music (age below 30 years completed)
- First Prize: Prize money of € 2.000,00 , Plaque (for the ensemble) and Diploma (for each component) for the competitor with the highest score among First Classified
- Second Prize: Prize money of € 1.000,00 , Plaque (for the ensemble) and Diploma (for each component) for the competitor with the highest score among Second Classified
- Third Prize: Prize money of € 500,00 , Plaque (for the ensemble) and Diploma (for each component) for the competitor with the highest score among Third Classified
- Section of Lyrical singing Section (age between 18 and 35 completed)
- First Prize: Prize money of € 2.000,00 and Plaque – Diploma for the competitor with the highest score among First Classified
- Second Prize: Prize money of € 1.000,00 and Plaque – Diploma for the competitor with the highest score among Second Classified
- Third Prize: Prize money of € 500,00 and Plaque – Diploma for the competitor with the highest score among Third Classified
Among assigned prizes, the Commission will indicate the ones to dedicate in memory of Carlotta Nobile and Philipp Bordignon.
The Commission can decide to divide a prize in case of ex aequo classifications.
Art. 11. – Additional prize – Lyric singing
Maestro Franco Giovine, member of the Commission, will select at his own discretion a male or female voice, deemed most interesting and promising, among the participants in the competition, regardless of the result achieved in the ranking, and it will be awarded of a Special Prize “Voci nuove per la lirica” of € 1.000,00.
Art. 12. – The day and time of the hearing of each instrumental group will be communicated by the Competition Secretary in a schedule of tests that can be viewed on the website www.rotarycastelliromani.it by the 10th of April 2016. It will not be possible to modify the schedule.
In any case, for any information and/or communications, you may contact the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org .
Art. 13. – All participants must be present at the competition in the place foreseen, on the day and hour set, under penalty of exclusion from the competition. Competitors who arrive late for justified reasons, will be heard at the end of the specific category (if the hearing is still pending).
Art. 14. – Competitors must show proof of identity at the beginning of the hearing. Admittance to the competition implies unconditional approval of this Regulation.
Art. 15. – Competitors classified either in first, second or third place will be given the chance to perform at events organized by the Rotary Club or Organizations which adhere to the Rotary Symphony.
The costs of travel, meals and possibly stay are borne by the hosting Club/Organization and candidates agree to perform free of charge.
Art. 16. – Registration Fees – The fees to be paid through bank transfer headed to: Rotary Symphony IBAN: IT 33 V 070 9238 9900 0000 0110 834 are as follows:
- Instrumental Section
- Duo = € 200,00
- Trio = € 250,00
- Quartet & Quintet = € 300,00
- Lyrical singing Section
- Soloist with or without supporting piano = € 100,00
- Contribution for the supporting pianist (provided by the organization): € 70,00
The registration fee is refundable only and exclusively for annulment of the competition or the specific section.
Art. 17. – The registration of competitors in the various Sections must be submitted via web (www.rotarycastelliromani.it ) no later than March 20, 2016 using the “Registration Form“.
It must be duly signed the part relating to the processing of personal data pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 and acceptance for the diffusion of images and videos.
Art. 18. – Contextually with the registration, candidates must send, via e-mail, the following documents:
- Songs to be played specifying author, title and length, and in case the pianist provided by the organization is needed, also copy of the music script which they are going to play;
- Self-certification attesting the birth date of all participants; in case of competitors aged less than 18 years: parental authorization to the participation with birth date of participant (layout downloadable by the website);
- A copy of the payment receipt by bank provided for registration (with CRO identifier); in the bank payment cause you should indicate the name/s of the member/s that are to be registered;
- Brief Summary Description of the ensemble (or singer) and Brief Curriculum Vitae of the single competitor.
The above documentation must be properly scanned, converted into “pdf” documents and sent, by e-mail, to the Competition Secretariat at email@example.com.
Missing to pay registration fees will lead to exclusion from the competition.
Art. 19. – Travel and residence expenses shall be borne by the participants. The organizers provide a list of Hotels, Cottages, B & Bs and Restaurants with which there are arrangements in connection with the Competition on their website (www.rotarycastelliromani.it ).
Art. 20. – The organizers of the Competition cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents or damage to property incurred during travel, and during the course of the Competition.
Art. 21. – The organizers of the Competition have the faculty to make all necessary changes to the present Competition Announcement due to force majeure. In such case all participants will be immediately informed.
Art. 22. – The organizers of the Competition have the right to null the whole Competition or a single section in case of insufficient registrations: in such case all participants will be immediately informed and the fees will be completely reimbursed.
Art. 23. – Privacy Pursuant to art. 13 of the Legislative Decree no. 196/03, the data provided at registration will be kept by the secretariat of the Competition and used exclusively for sending information concerning the competition itself. The holder has the right to cancel and correct data or oppose to its use.
Art. 24. – Any matters not included in this Regulation, may be decided by the Artistic Committee of the Competition.